In 1843, Strathbogie Church or the “New Church” as it was known, opened for worship. Two years later the congregation joined the Free Church to become Huntly Free Church.
In 1900 it evolved into Strathbogie United Free Church. Following reconciliation with The Church of Scotland in 1929, the congregation became Strathbogie Church of Scotland, Huntly.
Successful evangelical work, sponsored by the Duchess of Gordon, saw the church building physically grow and by 1877 the tower, with its bell and clock, and the hall were added. By 1912 the north gable of the sanctuary was extended to accommodate the organ which had been installed in 1904.
A church has actually existed in Drumblade since the early 12th century. The building was erected after the Reformation and rebuilt in 1773 with modifications being made around the same time as those at Strathbogie.